1352 Technical Sales Representative (Chemical Distributor)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Manage and grow existing accounts/clients
- Build and maintain sustainable relationship with each of the assigned clients through periodical contacts by phone, e-mail or visit.
- Establish sufficient and periodical on-site presence to be known by key decision makers of clients (e.g. purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management).
- Monitor inventory status of each assigned client and work with Accounting Manager to control appropriate inventory level based on the previous order history and forecast.
- Secure opportunities to quote on client requirements and follow up on quotations submitted to clients.
- Responsible for business growth of assigned clients while exploring needs of clients and actively seeking opportunities for another business.
- Contact clients to discuss their needs and to explain how these needs could be met by our specific products or services.
- Negotiate prices and terms of contracts with clients and suppliers as appropriate.
- Develop account retention and defense strategies on each existing client and lead execution.
- Generate and maintain a credible forecast for the assigned accounts and territories and provide the information on a regular basis to Management.
- Ensure that clients are fully satisfied with all aspects of products which we handle.
- Make necessary research to find new suppliers for clients based on their needs, interests and unique specifications of products.
- Report client-related information acquired through communication with clients to Management on all such occasions (as frequently as possible).
- Prepare sales report periodically as directed by Management. Review the progress/ result, analyze variances and take any necessary recovery actions.
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with applicable laws/ regulations (e.g. Toxic Substance Control Act "TSCA") within the area of responsibilities.
Support marketing and business planning
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends, products, competitors and other market situation, and work with Management to identify the business opportunities.
- Assist Management to develop business strategies including primary market research, competitive market evaluation, fit analysis (how would the particular business fit with our existing products and future goals), and needs assessment.
- Serve as point of contact for external association (e.g. Pine Chemical Association) and develop and maintain a high value business relationship with the referral sources.
- Coordinate or participate in promotional activities while working with suppliers, including trade shows, conventions and exhibition to market products.
Develop new business opportunities
- Identify prospects through research and develop sales strategies on each prospect.
- Set appointments and meet with prospects, and conduct in depth presentations and dialogues.
- Identify key decision makers, concerns and needs of the prospects by asking thoughtful and probing questions.
- Manage sales pipeline to drive new business opportunities to commercial success.
- Initiate, lead, and direct company's new business proposal and proposal efforts.
Other responsibilities and expectation
- Assist logistics personnel to ensure the product is delivered timely manner to clients.
- Maintain complete and open lines of communication with other personnel, function, or department to facilitate operations and interaction in the organization.
- Keep Management informed of status and progress, ensuring that regular and periodical communication takes place.
- Organize, prioritize and complete assigned tasks efficiently while managing time effectively.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
- professional publications; establishing personal networks and keeping abreast of industry trends and related compliance issues within the area of responsibilities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by Management.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college and 5 years of experience in Chemical industry or & equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- In-depth working knowledge of chemical product, marketing concept and pricing policy as well as trade- related regulations (e.g. TSCA, Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Control Law).
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to determine solutions for clients (consultative sales approach).
- Well-developed ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interact at all levels of the
- organization with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Computer: Basic use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid driver's license
- 30-50% Travel Frequency: IL, MI, OH, MN, TX, NY (may also include Canada, Mexico, and Brazil)
|ロケーション / 州||Chicago / IL|
- Chemical (1)
- Industrial (4)
- IT/コンピューター (1)
- エンジニア (3)
- オフィス事務 (4)
- バイリンガル/通訳翻訳 (2)
- 営業 (6)
- 新卒/エントリーレベル (3)
- 物流/サプライチェーン (3)
- 自動車 (3)