|Location:||London / Kentucky|
Our client, a Japanese automotive company near London, KY, is currently seeking to fill a position for a Bilingual Interpreter/Translator to support their administration, production, and engineering departments. In this position, the Interpreter will be responsible for the verbal interpretation at meetings, on the production floor, and for training. In addition, you will be responsible for written translation of production procedures and engineering changes, interoffice correspondences, and other work instructions.
- Translate a variety of material including technical (particularly technological and engineering) and non-technical documents including policies, instructions and manuals as necessary from Japanese to English and vice versa ensuring that the intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved
- Edit, standardize, proofread, revise and finalize translated material prepared by other employees and contractors
- Advise support members and dispatched advisors about matters of English custom, culture and protocol
- Research technical and scientific phraseology pertinent to the assigned projects
- Provide interpretation for video conference, live meetings and phone conferences at both an executive and working-team level covering business strategy and detailed technical specifications
- Adjust content and communication styles between executive and working-level audiences
- Partner with internal teams to build a comprehensive knowledge of projects ensuring effective and timely translation
- Proof and assess the quality of translation work and maintain the highest translation and interpretation quality through continuous improvement and learning
- Compose and translate emails, reports etc.
- Visit customers with Japanese sales person and interpret between customers and sales person.
- Required to translate both Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed.
- Business level of written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English
- 2 or 4 years of college degree preferred
- Prior knowledge and experience in automotive industry is a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location / State||London / Kentucky|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Automotive (1)
- Bilingual/Translator (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Entry Level (3)
- Food (2)
- Industrial (3)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (11)
- management (2)
- Management (2)
- Manufacturing (2)
- Office (2)
- Operation (2)
- Real Estates (1)
- Sales (10)