#1606 Import Manager
|Position Title:||Import Manager|
|Location:||Addison / Illinois|
|Keyword:||Logistics/Supply Chain / Management|
|Salary:||$60-70K per year|
One of our clients - a Global Logistics Company - is currently looking for an Import Manager. This position is Salaried at $60-70K.
- Review documents and confirm the information with airlines, steamship lines, and freight forwarders.
- Contacts customs officials to affect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Communicate with customer service dept. and sales dept. on any quotes that are needed.
- Check cargo availability, and issue delivery orders.
- Comply with governmental agencies and all the regulations.
- Request and Issue billings.
- Input data and develop monthly reports as well as customer information.
- Process and audit all imports to verify done legally with customs.
- Communicate with the clients regarding pickup and delivery set up.
- Responsible for daily supervision of import operations activities to ensure efficient allocation of resources and compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitors and reviews employees’ work activities through individual meetings and group meetings to ensure that all work activities are proceeding smoothly to plan.
- Delegates and advises employees on work procedures and practices
- Motivates, develops and mentors employees for improved performance.
- Communicates and coordinates information both in writing and orally on a regular basis with both management and staff.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- May assist and provide guidance and direction to other employees, especially new employees.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Ability/experience to use office equipment and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of US Customs related schedules and codes
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Willingness to earn Customs Broker License
|Job Type||Direct Hire Exempt Full Time|
|Location / State||Addison / Illinois|
|Salary||$60-70K per year|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (2)
- Accounting (11)
- Administrative (15)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (18)
- Bilingual (15)
- Bilingual/Translator (12)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (2)
- Client Manager (1)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service (31)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (19)
- Entry Level (16)
- Field Service (1)
- Food (5)
- HR (2)
- Import/Export (7)
- Industrial (3)
- Inside Sales (9)
- Interpreter (2)
- Inventory (1)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (44)
- Maintenance (3)
- management (10)
- Management (3)
- Manager (6)
- Manufacturing (75)
- Office (11)
- Operation (13)
- Outside Sales (1)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- processor (1)
- Production (2)
- Production Control Specialist (2)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality (4)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Control Inspector (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Sales (25)
- Scientist (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Technician (4)
- Tooling Engineer (1)
- Travel (3)
- Warehouse (5)
- Warehouse Associate (1)
- Writer (1)