#1607 Export Supervisor
|Position Title:||Export Supervisor|
|Location:||Addison / Illinois|
|Keyword:||Logistics/Supply Chain / Supervisor|
|Salary:||$50-65K per year|
One of our clients - a Global Logistics Company - is currently looking for an Export Supervisor. This position is Salaried at $50-65K.
- Coordinates activities air export operations within air export division in accordance with HMA Manual and related OCMM Matrix.
- Handles and answers questions from customers via phone and e-mail.
- Reviews and analyzes customers’ needs to determine the best handling process per their needs.
- Arranges and coordinates the schedule.
- Instructs booking procedures and operations procedures to staff.
- Receives customer’s freight pick-up call and arranges an actual freight pick-up with contact to the local trucker.
- Makes on-hand report sheet for record keeping of actual freight arrival.
- Prepares shipping information to shipper, consignee, and handling agent at the destination country.
- Communicates to overseas agents for the quote request, change and etc.
- Reserves the space in airline or Steamship (NVOCC) in advance.
- Negotiates with vendors for services and rates.
- Communicates with overseas agents regarding inquiries.
- Updates and advises customers as needed.
- Prepares all documentation required and makes sure everything is correct and accurate.
- Reviews documents related to customers’ dangerous goods shipments.
- Makes sure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with customs regulations.
- Maintains TSA, FAA and FMC regulation with issuing a correct certificate and documents at current effective, having a routine meeting with visiting TSA and FAA inspector.
- Analyzes profit and loss and reports to Branch Manager.
- Maintains a good relationship with trucking companies, shippers, and overseas agents.
- Prepares various reports, such as top 10 customers, and submits to Branch Manager.
- Coordinates settlement for air export traffic between shipments, other department staff.
- Responsible for daily supervision of Export operations activities to ensure efficient allocation of resources and compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitors and reviews employees’ work activities through individual meetings and group meetings to ensure that all work activities are proceeding smoothly to plan.
- Delegates and advises employees on work procedures and practices
- Motivates, develops, and mentors employees for improved performance.
- Communicates and coordinates information both in writing and orally on a regular basis with both management and staff.
- Administrative Support
- Reports air freight payment to CASS administration office through the relative bank.
- Checks an individual charge to meet a contract rate between the carriers.
- Checks a bill from FedEx, UPS, local trucker, local packing company, and warehouse maintenance Company.
- Issues a billing invoice of distribution, export customer as well as to agent at destination.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- May assist and provide guidance and direction to other employees, especially new employees.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for a solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff members, and outside contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent experience, or combination of education/training and experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Ability/experience to use office equipment and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of US Customs related schedules and codes
- Certificate of IAC Security Training (IACSSP) and STA (Security Threat Assessment) ID required by DHS-TSA.
- HAZMAT Certification (IATA or IMDG)
|Job Type||Exempt Full Time|
|Location / State||Addison / Illinois|
|Salary||$50-65K per year|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (2)
- Accounting (11)
- Administrative (15)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (18)
- Bilingual (15)
- Bilingual/Translator (12)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (2)
- Client Manager (1)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service (31)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (19)
- Entry Level (16)
- Field Service (1)
- Food (5)
- HR (2)
- Import/Export (7)
- Industrial (3)
- Inside Sales (9)
- Interpreter (2)
- Inventory (1)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (44)
- Maintenance (3)
- management (10)
- Management (3)
- Manager (6)
- Manufacturing (75)
- Office (11)
- Operation (13)
- Outside Sales (1)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- processor (1)
- Production (2)
- Production Control Specialist (2)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality (4)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Control Inspector (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Sales (25)
- Scientist (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Technician (4)
- Tooling Engineer (1)
- Travel (3)
- Warehouse (5)
- Warehouse Associate (1)
- Writer (1)