#1641 Bilingual Accounting and Administrative Coordinator
|Position Title:||Bilingual Accounting and Administrative Coordinator|
|Location:||Elk Grove Village / Illinois|
|Keyword:||Accounting / Administrative / Entry Level / Logistics/Supply Chain|
One of our clients - Global Logistics company is currently looking for a Japanese spearing Accounting and Administrative Coordinator. This position pays $19 per hour or more (DOE) and is temp-to-hire, with hiring and full benefits after three months.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Receive batched checks.
- Apply each payment to the proper customer invoice and check for discrepancy.
- Post any new entries to the accounts receivable ledger in the accounting system and update customer files.
- Proof entries against daily cash report.
- Prepare deposit slip, including daily receipts and any miscellaneous cash.
- Make deposits with the bank and report daily/weekly receipts to the accounting system.
- Print customer statements each month for mailing.
- Prepare monthly cash receipts journal, sales journal, and accounts receivable aging report.
- Answer customer inquiries regarding statements or invoices.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Receive vendor invoices daily and follow proper company procedures including:
- distributing invoices to appropriate individual for approval and coding invoices with proper general ledger and vendor numbers once approved;
- entering prepared invoices into the accounts payable portion of the accounting system.
Vendor Interfacing Responsibilities:
- Communicate with vendors when invoices are in question;
- assist vendors who are seeking payment and/or need information.
- Maintain a current list of vendors, their addresses, and any relevant performance information.
- Research past due invoices which appear on the aging report.
- Mail collection letters to customers when applicable and include copies of past due invoices.
- Follow up with phone call/second mailing if necessary.
- Process approved adjustments and write-offs.
- Maintain a detailed record of correspondence and all actions.
Cash Management Responsibilities:
- Maintain daily cash information, record daily cash deposits, subtract daily expenses, and calculate daily borrowing figures.
- Record cash information in the accounting system daily.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and monthly aging report.
- Maintain manual check usage log and ensure accurate billing of pre-paid expenses.
- Responsible for auditing accounts
- Perform other clerical duties as required including filing, data processing, typing, invoicing, etc.
- Maintain an orderly filing system of payables and master vendor file, updating as necessary and change of address, change of payment terms, etc.
- Assist with other clerical duties as required.
- Visitor check in.
- Purchase supplies, inventory tracking and maintenance of office equipment.
- Prepare timecard sheets for payroll and track employees’ vacation and sick time.
- Maintaining clean and organized common areas (kitchen, visitor waiting area, etc)
Summary of Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- 2-4 years of college education (or equivalent relevant experience) a huge plus
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Reasoning, decision making, and time management skills
|Job Type||Full Time Non-Exempt Temp to Hire|
|Location / State||Elk Grove Village / Illinois|
|Language||English and Japanese|
|Agent Name||Jeremy Salzer|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (2)
- Accounting (11)
- Administrative (15)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (18)
- Bilingual (15)
- Bilingual/Translator (12)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (2)
- Client Manager (1)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service (31)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (19)
- Entry Level (16)
- Field Service (1)
- Food (5)
- HR (2)
- Import/Export (7)
- Industrial (3)
- Inside Sales (9)
- Interpreter (2)
- Inventory (1)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (44)
- Maintenance (3)
- management (10)
- Management (3)
- Manager (6)
- Manufacturing (75)
- Office (11)
- Operation (13)
- Outside Sales (1)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- processor (1)
- Production (2)
- Production Control Specialist (2)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality (4)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Control Inspector (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Sales (25)
- Scientist (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Technician (4)
- Tooling Engineer (1)
- Travel (3)
- Warehouse (5)
- Warehouse Associate (1)
- Writer (1)