#1728 Quality Control Manager
|Position Title:||Quality Control Manager|
|Location:||Elk Grove Village / Illinois|
|Keyword:||Automotive / management / Manager / Manufacturing / Quality / Quality Control Inspector|
|Salary:||$85K per year|
One of our clients - a Global automotive Parts Manufacturing Company - is currently looking for a Quality Control Manager. This position is exempt and pays up to $85K per year.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for directing the quality assurance function, supervising product inspections, and assuring that all products meet quality standards.
Reports to: Sr. Production Manager
- Manages and directs quality assurance function including raw material/production inspection, defining quality standards, and supervising quality inspectors.
- Defines priorities, schedules, and assigns work tasks to support production priorities.
- Monitors work activities.
- Promotes open communication between employees and management.
- Checks and evaluates inspection data. Defines quality standards based on customer specifications and corporate quality goals.
- Evaluates production orders to define inspection procedures and specify inspection tools.
- Develops and implements piece part inspection and sorting plans.
- Prepares quality process control charts.
- Supervises quality control inspectors.
- Evaluates inspection data.
- Specifies adjustments needed in production operations to maintain quality or correct errors.
- May inspect borderline parts and designate “go or no go.”
- Resolves routine and complex problems relating to quality and inspection.
- Evaluates products returned by customers.
- Conducts quality meetings with subordinates and other employees to solve quality problems.
- May confer or correspond with customers on inspection results.
- Conducts failure analysis, charts data, and cost estimates to correct problem.
- Trains and instructs employees and subordinates on inspection procedures, use of inspection tools, and proper documentation of inspection results.
- Supervises maintenance, storage and proper use of inspection tools and machines.
- Checks machines for proper calibration.
- Contacts service vendors when needed for equipment repairs.
- Maintains records and files of quality information such as specifications, procedures, inspection data, charts, defects, certifications, and claims.
- When appointed by the President as Management Representative for quality certification, is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Quality System and reporting on the effectiveness of the system for upper management’s review.
- Reports Quality trends to President and plans corrective action. Maintains current Quality Management System procedures.
- Operates inspection machines and tools such as optical comparators, micrometers, calipers, and other devices.
- May lift, move or handle items up to 50 lbs.
- May interview applicants and recommend hire.
- Communicates policy. Enforces rules. Confers with President on personnel matters.
- Recommends pay adjustments, performance ratings, discipline or dismissal.
- Recommends process improvements.
- Participates in training.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- High school education supplemented by advanced technical training in quality control, mechanical inspection, machine trades, or metal working, preferably comparable to a college degree.
- 5+ years' experience in quality control with knowledge of mechanical inspection, blueprint reading, and use of inspection equipment.
- Computer skills essential
- Reliability, detail-oriented, and focus.
- Multi-tasking, organizational, time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mathematical, and problem-solving
- Flexibility, adaptability to changing demands based upon business needs.
|Job Type||Exempt Full Time|
|Location / State||Elk Grove Village / Illinois|
|Salary||$85K per year|
|Agent Name||Jeremy Salzer|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (2)
- Accounting (11)
- Administrative (15)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (18)
- Bilingual (15)
- Bilingual/Translator (12)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (2)
- Client Manager (1)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service (31)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (19)
- Entry Level (16)
- Field Service (1)
- Food (5)
- HR (2)
- Import/Export (7)
- Industrial (3)
- Inside Sales (9)
- Interpreter (2)
- Inventory (1)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (44)
- Maintenance (3)
- management (10)
- Management (3)
- Manager (6)
- Manufacturing (75)
- Office (11)
- Operation (13)
- Outside Sales (1)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (2)
- processor (1)
- Production (2)
- Production Control Specialist (2)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality (4)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Control Inspector (2)
- Quality Engineer (2)
- Sales (25)
- Scientist (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (1)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Technician (4)
- Tooling Engineer (1)
- Travel (3)
- Warehouse (5)
- Warehouse Associate (1)
- Writer (1)