#1752 Senior Scientist
|Position Title:||Senior Scientist|
|Location:||Elgin / Illinois|
|Keyword:||Chemical / Manufacturing / Scientist|
- Responsible for carrying out experimental work on the bench under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for developing at least two new innovative product applications with enzymes annually that maintains or increases company sales.
- Responsible for providing scientific data to external sources to file at least one patent application annually.
- Responsible for preparing and providing scientific data to incorporate into at least two promotional materials or webinars annually.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with suitable food research institute (university lab etc.).
- Responsible for designing new blended enzyme products for food applications.
- Responsible for supporting Technical Sales by fulfilling customer requests.
- Responsible for entire development process for new AEU blended products from initial phase through final commercialization phase.
- Follows GMP and SQF requirements through the company’s quality management system.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out experimentation to implement at least two new innovative product application developments.
- Provides scientific data to external sources to file at least one patent application annually.
- Prepares and provides scientific data to incorporate into at least two promotional materials or webinars annually.
- Conducts pilot plant trials within the facilities, at co-packer, customer, or outside lab facilities.
- Develops joint R&D projects with customers under guidelines and priorities developed by the President.
- Interacts effectively with R&D groups outside of the U.S.A.
- Works on projects at the laboratory bench for 75% of workday.
- Oversees laboratory and reports issues with instrumentation, equipment, and safety to supervisor.
- Oversees preventative maintenance in laboratory.
- Maintains accurate laboratory notebook and updates daily.
- Presents experimental data clearly.
- Provides technical and analytical service to potential and existing customers to generate new business and maintain current business.
- Submits call report to the supervisor within 48 hours after visiting customer.
- Submits a monthly report to the supervisor at the end of the month.
- Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
- Promotes a cooperative and constructive atmosphere.
- Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any Food Safety related issues to the direct supervisor and/or a member of the Food Safety Management Team.
- Contributes to the company’s sales and profit through the department activities.
- Collaborates with customers to improve their product recipes and processes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a food scientific discipline is required.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with enzymes is preferred (experience working in food industry/biotechnology a plus)
|Job Type||Direct Hire Exempt On-Site|
|Location / State||Elgin / Illinois|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (2)
- Accounting (9)
- Administrative (8)
- Airline (1)
- Attorney (1)
- Automotive (9)
- Bilingual (13)
- Bilingual/Translator (6)
- Chemical (3)
- Coordinator (1)
- Customer Service (14)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (9)
- Entry Level (4)
- Field Service (1)
- Finance (2)
- Food (5)
- Freight (2)
- HR (1)
- Import/Export (5)
- Inside Sales (3)
- Interpreter (1)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (15)
- Maintenance (1)
- management (2)
- Manager (6)
- Manufacturing (31)
- Office (5)
- Operation (2)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (2)
- Production (1)
- Production Control Specialist (1)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Sales (12)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Scientist (2)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (2)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (2)
- Technician (1)
- Travel (2)
- Warehouse (4)
- Writer (1)