#1796 Assistant Manager
New Business Development:
- Develop new business opportunities through collaborating with oversea brunches; research, prospect and qualify new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area, industry, or market.
- Increase market share within assigned territory or client(s) and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
- Prepare and present proposals, make recommendations for new services, extensions, or enhancements and overcome objections to closure.
- Handle sales leads from international offices or the other branches. Send sales leads to the other offices both internationally/domestically as appropriate.
- Take initiative for periodical tenders in assigned client, territory, industry or market.
- Successfully close new business and onboard new clients.
- Meet sales targets assigned by management.
Maintain and develop existing accounts:
- Increase market share within existing customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Resolve sales or delivery issues. Handle and trouble shoot with operation members.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding regulations, methods of loading, creating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service offering.
- Review & update profitability of existing business and manage the business contract renewal.
Coordinate and liaise with branch operations and customers:
- Ensure the highest level of service by collaborating with branch operations in identifying and resolving problems and leveraging industry expertise and account management experience.
- May coordinate shipments with shippers, operations, truckers and carriers, on behalf of customers.
- Coordinate with the credit department to establish lines of credit for new accounts and negotiate letters of credit.
- Provide reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems
- May assist, communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted or joint customers.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all branch operations departments.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the brand and value proposition.
- Resolve any outstanding accounting or any financial issues with the clients assigned.
- In consultation with Regional Sales Manager, VP, Director, or executive management, achieve annual target volumes, for regional/branch sales for assigned accounts or territory or industries.
- Develop standard operating procedures for major accounts.
- Attending and participating in joint calls with upper management or the other sales staff and join region/branch sales meetings; collaborating in multi-region/branch sales efforts.
- Ensure sales reporting requirements are met and timely submitted.
- Support other projects as needed.
- College Degree in a related field, plus 1 or more years’ related sales experience, or 2 or more years of experience as sales assistant or in a customer service role, regardless of in a logistics industrial field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral) required.
- Ability to effectively articulate views and externally with clients.
- Proven client prospecting and relationship maintenance/growth skills and abilities as this is a key component to this role
- Ability to develop strategies and tactics to meet existing and new clients' needs and provide customized solutions.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Highly organized and results focused.
- Work with the utmost honesty and integrity and uphold values.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment.
- Position will require 50% of travel. Occasional off-hour/weekend work may be required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization, customers and the general public. Fluency in Japanese/English required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
|Job Type||Direct Hire Exempt Full Time Hybrid|
|Location / State||Columbus / Ohio|
|Language||English and Japanese|
|Agent Name||Mebae (May) Komuro|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (3)
- Accounting (13)
- Administrative (10)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (9)
- Bilingual (8)
- Bilingual/Translator (5)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Customer Service (12)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (7)
- Entry Level (3)
- Finance (2)
- Food (8)
- Freight (3)
- Import/Export (4)
- Inside Sales (3)
- Interpreter (2)
- IT/Computer (2)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (13)
- Maintenance (1)
- management (3)
- Manager (8)
- Manufacturing (30)
- Office (3)
- Operation (3)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (1)
- Production Control Specialist (1)
- Purchasing (4)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Receiving (1)
- Sales (9)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Shipping (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (2)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Tax (1)
- Technician (1)
- Travel (1)
- Warehouse (2)