#1747 Import Supervisor
Essential Job Functions
- Retrieve data from Emails and Fax.
- Obtain documents for upcoming shipments.
- Review documents and confirm the information with airlines, steamship lines, and freight forwarders.
- Contacts customs officials to affect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Communicate with customer service dept. and sales dept. on any quotes that is needed.
- Check cargo availability, and issue delivery orders.
- Comply with governmental agencies and all the regulations.
- Request and Issue billings.
- Input data and develop monthly reports as well as customer information.
- Process and audit all imports to verify done legally with customs.
- Communicate with the clients regarding pickup and delivery set up.
- Responsible for daily supervision of import operations activities to ensure efficient allocation of resources and compliance with policies and procedures
- Monitors and reviews employees’ work activities through individual meetings and group meetings to ensure that all work activities are proceeding smoothly to plan.
- Delegates and advises employees on work procedures and practices
- Motivates, develops and mentors employees for improved performance.
- Communicates and coordinates information both in writing and orally on a regular basis with both management and staff.
- Any project that is assigned by supervisor/manager and/or the Company.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by
- May assist and provide guidance and direction to other employees, especially new employees.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to supervisors for solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)
Essential Job Dimensions
Accounting, Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Clerical, Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing in English, Confidentiality, Computer Usage, Diplomacy, Dependability/Reliability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Follow Through, Listening & Understanding, Math Skill (Basic), Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing, Product Knowledge, Research, Relation Building, Team Participation, Time Management, Typing Skill, Vendor Relationships.
|Education & Work Experience|
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have between one and one half year and two years of previous experience in a similar position.
|Tools & Equipment|
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier, personal computer, S. Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, FDA Product Code Builder, etc.
- Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS Office.
- Any tools, equipments, software that are required to be used.
|Certificates / Licenses|
- Customs Broker License may be needed.
- Any other certificate or training records that are required by each department, position/title, or government agency.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with moderate noise.
Business travel may be required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to frequently sit and occasionally must stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include the ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen, measure or identify using eyesight and adjust vision focus.
|Job Type||Direct Hire Full Time Non-Exempt|
|Location / State||JFK / New York|
|Agent Name||Mebae (May) Komuro|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (3)
- Accounting (13)
- Administrative (10)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (9)
- Bilingual (8)
- Bilingual/Translator (5)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Customer Service (12)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (7)
- Entry Level (3)
- Finance (2)
- Food (8)
- Freight (3)
- Import/Export (4)
- Inside Sales (3)
- Interpreter (2)
- IT/Computer (2)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (13)
- Maintenance (1)
- management (3)
- Manager (8)
- Manufacturing (30)
- Office (3)
- Operation (3)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (1)
- Production Control Specialist (1)
- Purchasing (4)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Receiving (1)
- Sales (9)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Shipping (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (2)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Tax (1)
- Technician (1)
- Travel (1)
- Warehouse (2)