#1790 Customer Service Coordinator
Act as the primary point of customer contact in the assigned account:
- Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth knowledge of operational (import or export) processes.
- Manage customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational processes.
Coordinate timely shipments at optimal cost and to customer satisfaction:
- Proactively ensure current pricing information is available for all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Co-ordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts.
Problem Resolution :
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve discrepancies.
Provide back-up support in assigned departments
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma plus three more years’ related experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations is required. Knowledge of import /export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Must be bi-lingual in Japanese and English if assigned to service Japanese accounts
Competencies, Working Skills and Attributes:
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for customer services.
- Knowledge of import and export regulations, domestic transportation modes and providers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with company's core competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, Customer Focus.
|Location / State||Elk Grove Village / Illinois|
|Salary||$23.00 – 27.00|
|Language||English and Japanese|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (3)
- Accounting (9)
- Administrative (9)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (8)
- Bilingual (10)
- Bilingual/Translator (6)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (1)
- Coordinator (4)
- Customer Service (13)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (6)
- Entry Level (3)
- Finance (1)
- Food (6)
- Freight (2)
- HR (1)
- Import/Export (9)
- Inside Sales (3)
- Interpreter (2)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (19)
- Maintenance (1)
- management (2)
- Manager (5)
- Manufacturing (27)
- Office (5)
- Operation (2)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (1)
- Production Control Specialist (1)
- Purchasing (5)
- Quality Assurance (1)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Sales (14)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (2)
- Supervisor (2)
- Supply Chain (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Tax (1)
- Travel (1)
- Warehouse (4)
- Warehouse Associate (1)