#1800 Project Manager
- Accomplishments Project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Control Programs communicating multiple teams, Engineering, Sales, Purchasing and Plant.
- Global communication with Japan,Mexico,Thailand and Poland.
- Will report to General Manager or Sr. Program Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Main Single Contact of Engineer and STA (Supplier Technical Assistance) Engineer teams.
- Full Scale Support for any customer issue from development through mass production.
- Prepare project documentation by due date, respond any request from customer immediately.
- Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements.
- Report open issues to general manager.
2. Managing new launch programs from development through Production
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustment as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Coordinate internal resources and tier 2 Suppliers/venders for flawless execution of projects.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Review drawing and propose drawing issue and will participate in the design and testing phases.
- Control Prototype build schedule until delivery to customer.
- Write report on the project for management review and escalate to management as needed.
3. Problem Solving
- Support plant with high-level problem solving and prevent carrying over any development issues to mass production.
- Travel to production facilities to work with Manufacturing Engineers for development to best manufacturing practices.
- Strong leaderships are critical for project managers. They allow leaders to oversee and coordinate tasks as well as motivate and encourage the team and define the road map to successfully complete the project.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education of BS in Engineering with BSME preferred.
· Experience of 5 years in automotive environment, prefer project management task.
· Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multiple-tasking skills.
· Experience with various Manufacturing processes (Stamping, Welding, Rubber curing, Plastic injection) and materials (Plastics, Rubber, Steel).
· Understanding Customer project Milestone, APQP, PPAP, FMEA
· Understanding Customer Specification and Validation Process.
· Understanding key principles of drawing, GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) and BOM.
· Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, Data base management and spread sheet (Excel), Microsoft project (Preferred) Others
· Willing to travel if needed.
· Must be motivated, thorough, patient, willing to learn, and can work as a team with other multi-national team-mates.
· Must have the ability to multi-task, have a sense of urgency and be able to stay professional in stressful situations.
|Job Type||Direct Hire Full Time On-Site|
|Location / State||Novi / Michigan|
|Agent Name||Sunnie (Sanae) Onoda|
Most Popular Job Listings
- Account Managing (3)
- Accounting (13)
- Administrative (10)
- Airline (2)
- Automotive (9)
- Bilingual (8)
- Bilingual/Translator (5)
- Cargo (1)
- Chemical (1)
- Coordinator (1)
- Customer Service (12)
- Customs (1)
- Engineer (7)
- Entry Level (3)
- Finance (2)
- Food (8)
- Freight (3)
- Import/Export (4)
- Inside Sales (3)
- Interpreter (2)
- IT/Computer (2)
- Logistics/Supply Chain (13)
- Maintenance (1)
- management (3)
- Manager (8)
- Manufacturing (30)
- Office (3)
- Operation (3)
- Paint Engineer (1)
- passenger service (1)
- Payroll (1)
- Pharmaceutical (1)
- Production Control Specialist (1)
- Purchasing (4)
- Quality Assurance (2)
- Quality Engineer (1)
- Receiving (1)
- Sales (9)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- Shipping (1)
- Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (1)
- Supervisor (2)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Tax (1)
- Technician (1)
- Travel (1)
- Warehouse (2)